Green Shoe Studio in Illinois held a Singer Songwriter contest, asking local musicians to upload their original songs to YouTube and send them a link. What they didn't expect was an entry in the contents of a large manila envelope sent in the mail from a 96-year-old named Fred Stobaugh. Fred had written a song about the love of his life, his late wife named Lorraine. Check out the video below to see how this all came about... It's so sweet...
Perhaps you'll want to turn the 3-day Labor Day Weekend into a 4-day weekend... here's some get-out-of-work excuses NOT to use!
Here are 10 REAL excuses people have tried to use to get out of work. It's not clear how many actually worked . . .
10. My sister got kidnapped and I have to go find her.
9. I gave up my plane seat to an elderly person and can't get back for a few days.
8. My dog didn't wake me up.
7. There's a snake on my porch so I can't leave the house.
6. I have to stay out sick because of a sympathetic pregnancy. That's when a GUY experiences a few of his wife's pregnancy symptoms. Or when ANYONE close to someone who's pregnant has a few mild symptoms.
5. My wife got a bad dye job and I have to stay home to provide moral support.
4. My dog hid my car keys.
3. I had to stay home to prepare for the zombie apocalypse.
2. Martians kidnapped my boyfriend and I have to rescue him.
1. I'm having trouble with my prostate . . . and the person who used the excuse was a WOMAN.
Return to: Kathy's 411 Blog