Weather Alert

Your Tablet Could Be A Fire Risk

A British boy escaped injury after his Samsung tablet overheated while charging, burning a hole through his mattress, down to the springs.

The 11-year-old in Staffordshire awoke to his smoldering bed Thursday morning. His dad calling firefighters. Thankfully, neither the tablet nor the bed ignited in flames, the UK Sun reports.

The device had been charging since 9pm that night on a matching brand charger. It’s a reminder never to charge devices on surfaces which could easily catch fire.



Connect With Us Listen To Us On